Friday, April 17, 2009

Neverland Fortress Webquest

Post #2

BLOG POST: Write a thank you letter to a person who influenced you when you were in a bad situation. Then write another letter and imagine you are in a bad environment. How has this (imaginary) person given you self-confidence?

 

 

 

Dear Music,

 

I must admit that it feels very unnatural addressing you as a person. I’ve always wanted to thank you for being the sole outlet that never fails to have an unlimited source of advice. I tried to think of one person who has held such an influence as you have throughout the years. Perhaps it is unfair to compare your endless depth to the much less able words of a single human being. I don’t know a specific situation in which you have helped me, but I can definitely say that whenever stress has clawed onto my life, you were able to pry it away. I guess the best example would be sometime in early October. I can remember the mountain of “to-do’s” that never left my weakening head. Applying to colleges, keeping up in school, and playing a varsity sport did not exactly make for the most relaxing start to senior year. But whenever I felt over-worked, I simply went down into my basement (your room) and allowed the therapeutic crackles of my vinyl collection dissolve the tension. I want to keep this short because I’m about to put on some pink floyd J Thank you for all you have done

 

Brandon

 

 

Dear woman across the street,

 

I am writing to you anonymously, and most probably will never even mail my letter. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking recently; perhaps the idea of finally escaping this dream-stealing street has given birth to my newfound inspiration. Reflecting on my youth, I can recall very few events that gave me hope. My head throbs as I think back to my sleepless nights of fear that flung me under my bed. Our street has never been a happy environment. I often ponder on what my life would be like if I lived just 20 minutes away from this shithole. Anyway, the real reason I am writing is to say thank you. I guess it must seem kind of odd that I am doing this; I don’t know many characters in even our most fictitious school novels that thanked the lady across the street. You must have no idea how much confidence you have given me. Every morning I watch as you step outside your home and put on an entirely new face. You take a deep breathe, smile, and head to the preschool that most probably could never deserve your services. You are truly a symbol of dreams. Well, even if no one ever reads this, I hope that you understand the substantial influence that you have had on my life.

 

Thank you,

From across the street

No comments:

Post a Comment